Founder CEO at PKS & Associates
Views:455 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Architect/Senior Architect - RAN 4G/5G (11-20 yrs)
Role : Architect/ Sr Architect - RAN ( 4G/5G ) @ Bangalore, India
Our client is a global leader in open telecom solutions, enabling communications service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models and meet the demands of the 4th Industrial Revolution with 50B connected devices.
Their disaggregated and virtualized platforms leverage open architectures and methodologies and an open ecosystem of software and hardware, delivering inter-operable and easily integrated solutions and services that accelerate service provider innovation and reduce total cost of ownership. They need to fill up the following position asap.
Position : Architect/ Sr Architect - RAN ( 4G/5G )
Education : Graduate/Post-graduate in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science Engineering
Experience : 11 - 20 Years
Location : Bangalore
Compensation : Competitive and commensurate with candidate calibre and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
- Candidate will be responsible for the development of 4G and 5G RAN products in Mobility Engine Business Unit.
- Developing a good understanding of business needs, end customer requirements, requirements development, with a good understanding of CRAN solutions for deployment with Tier-1 operators.
- Reports to Director of Engineering (Mobility Engine).
Technical Responsibilities :
- Responsible for architecture of end to end deployable 4G/5G RAN solutions.
- Develops detailed product requirements based on prior product experience and customer inputs.
- Reviews detailed design and validation plan.
- Helps in identifying testing strategies and test plan development.
- Plays a key role in technical proposals, pre-sales estimations and preparing statement of work.
- Oversees key quality practices in design, code and test plan reviews.
- Makes key technical decisions in the project including responsibilities in project change control board (CCB) for any requirements changes or enhancements.
- Ensures customer facing product documentation content and quality meeting the product delivery requirements.
- Advises project managers on the composition of the team required to complete the job.
- Recommends staffing requirements of projects.
- Helps make technical trade-offs by being a decision maker in case of a technical conflict within the team regarding design, coding, testing methods or execution.
- Interacts with product management, pre-sales and sales/account teams for aligning product features to customer needs.
- Interacts with potential and new customers for new project opportunities and contributes to technical proposals.
- Works with Sales/PLM in leading customer interactions. Contributes to technical proposals and pre-sales estimations.
- Works across multiple Business Units to develop new business opportunities.
Thought leadership and people development : Contributes to thought leadership activities (whitepapers, standards contribution etc.).
- Leads and supports innovation (patents, whitepapers).
- Leads project/product/process/technical initiatives.
- Develops and mentors junior technical members.
- Trains team members on technology and project related aspects.
- Contributes to performance appraisal of the senior technical staff in the team.
- Acts as a role model for other technical members in the group.
Accountability and Authorities :
- Makes all key technical decisions.
- Accountable for specific deliverables such as product requirements and product design.
- Accountable for overall quality of all project deliverables.
- Authorised to approve the architecture, product requirements, design documents and the system test specifications.
- Defines/Approves any architectural changes in project/product.
- Approves all key technical decisions and trade-offs in project/product.
- External Interfacing: Needs to travel for occasional face to face interactions with customers for analyzing the requirements.
- Participation in standardization bodies. 11- 20 years experience in design, development and technical leadership.
- Experience of developing and deploying small cells solutions with Tier-1 operators.
- Should be a Graduate/Post-graduate in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science Engineering.
- Strong system design and architecture definition capabilities.
- Expertise in LTE/5G RAN technology.
- Excellent understanding and insight in 3GPP 4G and 4G specifications (RAN and core network).
- Solid experience in wireless LTE RAN product development.
- Extensive experience in deploying and supporting wireless solutions with operators.
- Hands-on experience and expertise in estimating medium or large size projects.
- Deep insight of Unix like operating systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in performance optimization techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of architectural and design patterns.
- Good appreciation of software engineering principles.
- Exposure to pre-sales or business development activities.
- Ability to drive face to face meetings and teleconference calls.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening).
- Influencing skills. Delegation skills. Stakeholder management skills.
Job Skills :
- Comfortable with many software technologies.
- Has worked on various languages and platforms.
- Abstraction and analytical skills, Capable of decomposing complex problems.
If you fit in, please apply along with current & expected CTC, notice period.
Pradeep K. Sharma
Founder CEO - PKS & Associates
Mid-to-CXO Search Across Domains.......Across Geographies