Aptify - Software Engineer - Web Applications - PHP/Zend Framework (3-5 yrs)
Software Engineer - PHP - YM Careers
We are Aptify. Our purpose is to Change the World, One Client Mission at a Time. Our clients are not-for-profit organizations around the world who rely on us for mission critical CRM, ERP and e-Commerce software. We exist for the purpose of serving these organizations and advancing their world-changing missions.
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our development team. The ideal candidate will build robust and scalable software systems to support high traffic SaaS-based websites. This role requires enhancing code up and down the software stack. Likewise, they will practice agile development methodologies with 2-week development sprints using best software development practices and processes including testing, code reviews, and post-deployment monitoring.
We are searching for someone to contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation. The right person will have some involvement in project and deployment planning, in addition to software engineering responsibilities. They will also continue to research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our software implementation. This position will be located in our Pune Office.
- Design and implement scalable solutions to challenging problems in SOA and microservices architecture
- Code review with teammates, identify areas for improvement
- Measure performance pre and post-deployment
- Bring new functionality from conception to release
- Build new or modernize existing functionalities to enable our global presence
- Share ownership of major areas of back-end functionality and support them
- Work with test engineers to identify and fix defects using basic and advanced issue troubleshooting and root cause analysis techniques
- Research and evaluate new technologies
We'd love to chat if you have :
- You've been building web applications professionally for 3+ years using PHP and Zend Framework
- You have experience with other functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java
- You can demonstrate a thorough understanding of OOP, SOLID, encapsulation, and SOA
- You have 2+ years experience with SQL and a complete understanding of query optimization
- You have 2+ years experience with any Linux OS
- You have 1+ years experience working with containers such as Docker or Kubernetes
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Masters degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.
Preferred Skills & Expertise :
- PHP 7, Zend Framework 3
- Python (Celery)
- Message Queueing (RabbitMQ)
- Containers (Docker or Kubernetes)
- MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Solr/SolrCloud, Elasticsearch
- TDD (PHPUnit, Selenium)
- CI/CD (Codeship/CircleCI, Bamboo/Jenkins)
- Git, SVN
- APM (New Relic)
- AWS, Google Cloud
- Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, IIS
- Linux, Windows
About Aptify :
Aptify is a private and profitable provider of association management solutions to the association/non-profit market. Aptify has approximately 205 employees globally with customers in North America, Australia, and Europe.
Our culture is important to us and so are our values which are "F.A.I.R.". Our employees embody being: Flexible, Accountable, Innovative, and Responsive and look for candidates who are enthusiastic about these values. We use an internal social media site where we continually call out & praise our employees on these four values which creates a high energy environment!
Aptify offers a fun working environment with great mentors and a fantastic, comprehensive benefits package.