Apptunix - Ruby on Rails Developer - RSpec & Sidekiq (2-4 yrs)
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
1. Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
2. Integration of data storage solutions
3. Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
4. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
5. Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
1. Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
2. Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
3. Basic understanding of Elasticsearch
4. Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
5. Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
6. A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
7. Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
8. Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
9. Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
10. Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
11. Proficient understanding of Git
12. Interest in Scalable systems and DevOps is a plus