Talent Acquistion Specialist at SKS Enterprises
Views:152 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Application Support Engineer - Network Operations Center (3-10 yrs)
Job Role : Application Support Engineer
Location : Andheri, Mumbai.
About the Client : Headquartered in London, UK They are the leading independent mobile payment company in the world. Their platform connects its customers including apple google, Microsoft, sony and FB.
Education : Should have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Reporting to the team leader, this is a hands-on role working with a highly-skilled group of fellow operations engineers and other technical staff.
- To accomplish their primary goal of monitoring and troubleshooting computer and telecommunication networks and systems, NOC Engineers perform many tasks.
- The on-call engineer will act as the first point of contact for any technical issues failures and will be working in shifts as a part of the 24x7 support team.
- While responding to incidents, the NOC Engineer must carefully track and document all issues and resolutions in detail.
- When problems are too large or complex for quick troubleshooting, NOC Engineers must escalate the issue to management, other IT resources or merchants for assistance in reaching a resolution.
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in high quality and timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineering teams to provide a high level of service and support on production systems.
- NOC Engineers maintain ongoing communication within the team and externally, to keep all stakeholders aware of relevant, known issues and the steps being taken. Resolve customer problems via email and telephone.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follows up directly with the customer.
- Escalate cases to the engineering team when the problem is beyond the scope of technical support or falls out of the support team's expertise.
- Maintain control and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved.
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base.
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Flexibility to work remotely
Key Skills :
- Strong analytical thinkers who enjoy solving problems. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be calm during stressful situations under all circumstances.
- Knowledge of MYSQL and Service-oriented architecture frameworks. Knowledge of HTTP protocol, SSH, Telnet.
- Linux/UNIX fundamental : Bash scripts skills. Monitoring skills and systems like Anadot, Zabbix, Nagios.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Statistics skills will be an advantage. High energy, high integrity, modest demeanor with customers/carriers a must.
If this sounds like a role tailor-made for you then, forward us your updated profile with details like Current CTC, Expected CTC and Notice Period.