Recruiter at iMind Your Business
Views:540 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Application Monitoring Engineer - AWS/ELK Stack (2-4 yrs)
For a Series C Funded Fintech company located close to MG road, Bangalore, we are looking for an outstanding Application Monitoring Engineer who will be responsible for monitoring platforms and services, work with experienced architects, support on monitoring metrics, events and alerting, reporting and dashboarding.
Job Responsibilities :
- Work on the Monitoring tools such as AWS Cloudwatch, Catchpoint, Dynatrace and event aggregation tools like Sentry.io, Bigpanda and Dashboarding tools like Grafana, Time series database like Influx DB and logging tools like Splunk and ELK
- Support monitoring of the Services which are running in the below environments
- Linux instances running in AWS Cloud, GCP and other cloud providers
- AWS Cloud Services such as / resource monitoring
- Database instances - production, analytical etc.
- Manage, assess, plan, and support Core monitoring platform services
- Responsible for any changes in process (or) implementations related to monitoring Tools Platform
- Provide escalation support for monitoring configuration and platform issues
- Work with Monitoring tool vendors to fix any platform related enhancements to address business needs
- Support implementation of automated event collation /correlation layer in monitoring
- Support implementation of automated monitoring suppression during maintenance
- Present reports on monitoring event metrics, correlation metrics to the operations team on a periodical basis
- Implement HA infrastructure for all application monitoring tools
- Implement Self-healing scripts for monitoring multiple monitoring tools and recover them
- Develop monitoring plugins, scripts for automation and custom dashboards for Operations teams
Skills And Qualifications :
- AWS: 2+ years- experience with monitoring a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. Lambda, API Gateway. SNS, SQS, EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS), Mysql instances and other servers
- Monitoring tools such as AWS Cloudwatch event aggregation tools like Sentry.io
- Dashboarding tools like Grafana, prometheus
- Time series database like Influx DB logging tools like ELK
- Operating Systems: Linux system administration.
- Automation using Python, Shell scripts and PowerShell
- Automation using Chef/Puppet would be a plus
- Experience with config management systems
- DevOps Troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple project deadlines and milestones
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse set of clients in an international organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Must be effective communicator
- Willing to learn new things
Optional Skills And Qualifications :
- OO Programming Skills : Strong Programming skills (golang).
- DB Skills : Basic DB administration experience (mysql).
- Version Control : Experience administrating version control systems such as Git.
- Agile Methodologies : Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Networking : Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).