Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:455 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Technical Project Manager - PMI/Scrum Master (6-12 yrs)
Job Description :
- American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join the CTO organization within American Express Technologies become the driver of this exciting journey
What we're looking for :
- Cornerstone is company- s largest Big Data Platform, ideally suited for computationally and/or data intensive processing applications. Whether the data needs to be processed in batch, online, or streaming manner, Cornerstone provides robust capabilities to handle such workloads effectively, in a cost-efficient manner.
- A hub of highly talented Big Data engineers and most exciting & upcoming technologies such as HBase, Couchbase, Spark, Structured Streaming, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Java APIs, Scala, Python, Pig, Hive, Machine Learing, Deep Learning Frameworks etc, Cornertone platform offers an environment where Engineers are challenged every day to build world class products.
- Be part of a fast-paced Agile team, design, develop, test, troubleshoot & optimize solutions created to simplify access to the Amex- s Big Data Platform.
- We are seeking an innovative Tech PM with an enthusiastic, high performing technology mind-set to work well with a team developing solutions to drive engagement and self-servicing for our existing data consumers.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure the quality delivery of applications and infrastructure components. The role will collaborate closely with business partners, Project Managers, Technical Engineers, Architects and Leadership, to ensure completeness and efficiency of solutions while ensuring alignment to standards.
- Drives integrated teams, driving technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Engages with business stakeholders, understand their needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Coordinates execution of development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Embraces SDLC methods, Agile values, principles, and practices. Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints; organize and facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPls in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Tracks iteration progress, contributes to design discussions and issue resolution, and removes obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
- ldentifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities- -
Qualification : Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- 6+ years of technical project management experience
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting while ensuring compliance with Rally and Agile delivery platform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- PMl Certification is a plus
- Scrum Master Certification is a plus
- Experience using Rally and JIRA agile delivery management platform is a plus- -
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
Contact Url - https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.