Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:392 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Software Engineer - Unix/Linux/Python (7-10 yrs)
About American Express :
- American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
- We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
A) Working at American Express :
- Experiences That Back You
- What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours.
- We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
B) Reasons to Believe :
- An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
- Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
- A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
- A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Function Description :
- American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
- If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
- You will contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team that will deliver the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission-critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
- The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers.
- You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- As a senior engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly.
- You will work closely with your India and US leaders and peers to deliver a - Follow the Sun- capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost-effective price point.
- The individual has to work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs
- Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process
- Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap
- Oversee the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments
- Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks
- Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically
- Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
- Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
- An offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements.
- Supports the design, build, enhancement and integration of infrastructure required to support the business portfolio or xPaaS infrastructure platform in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- Supports initiatives that deliver workable end-to-end infrastructure solutions that adhere to Technology standards
A) Critical Factors to Success (Outcome-Driven) :
I) Business Outcomes :
- Engineer and maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery Platform and its supporting tools
- Identify innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of customers
II) Leadership Outcomes :
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role- s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge the status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world- s best customer experiences every day
B) Past Experience
- 7+ years of Unix/Linux system administration experience extensively.
- At least 3 years of experience in supporting and maintaining the production-grade environment in two or more NoSQL database like Redis (Enterprise), Datastax Cassandra, MongoDB, EDB PostgreSQL.
C) Academic Background : Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
D) Functional :
- Hands-on deployment and troubleshooting expertise to at least a medium level (on a scale of low, medium and high expertise) in 2 or more of the following technologies and products.
E) Desirable Experience :
- Red Hat Linux 6 and 7 experience/Devops/Agile Extensive experience in Linux performance monitoring by using system tools, security setup, troubleshooting and performance tuning as necessary to ensure optimum performance, patching of Linux servers on a regular schedule
F) Technical/Platforms :
- Openshift 3.x
- Ansible Tower
- Cloud Technologies such as Containerization, Kubernetes, Mesos, SDN & Public Cloud CSP offerings
- Python, Docker, Ansible, Go
- Good knowledge around HA and platform patching experience is a plus.
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda : Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You : Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way : Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shift : Follow the sun. 8 am to 5 pm or 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm, one needs to work on weekends as per the on-call schedule.
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.