Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:158 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Software Engineer/Service Assurance Engineer - Java/Mainframe/Abinitio (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
Organizational Context :
- American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business-critical capabilities.
- Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Role and Responsibilities :
A) Service Assurance :
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure, collaborate with development and partner interfacing teams.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. DT1, Splunk) to enable a reduction in detection time.
- Effectively lead a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as a member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice provides design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
B) Leadership :
- Effectively communicate with business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging the status quo and demonstrating risk-taking.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications : Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience. Up to 5 years of dynamic experience in software engineering.
- Between 3 to 6 years of experience in IT
- Hands on tech software engineering experience versed in at least 1 programming language
- Top 4 technologies/applications we're looking for are :
2. Mainframe JCL/COBOL,
4. .Net OR have hands-on engineering experience in automation, recovery, monitoring OR networking
- We want outgoing and energetic candidates
- They should be solution-oriented and/or innovative
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, mainframe, middleware, databases, cloud.
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring, etc.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency.
- DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure.
- Building live production APIs and services.
- Experience with automation development.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.