Principal Recruiter at American Express
Views:1035 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:107
American Express - Software Engineer - Java/J2EE/API/CI/CD/Node.js/React.js (6-12 yrs)
Job Description - Why American Express:
Theres a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people- s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Don't make a difference without it.
Dont live life without it.
Function Description :
- American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
- Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
- Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Perform hands-on software development, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Mentor other engineers.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Purpose: Create a more powerful and personal customer experience by designing and developing relevant software applications
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
Business Outcomes :
- Understand the business needs and design high quality software applications in timely manner to fulfill those needs
- Identify and adopt new technologies to solve existing business needs and predict future challenges. Leadership Outcomes:
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role- s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world- s best customer experiences every day
Past Experience :
6+ Yrs of past experience across;
- Design and development using Java, J2EE, APIs
- Continuous integration/deployment in an Agile Framework covering the aspect of design development and testing (SDLC)
- Multi-threading programming, Data structures, & web services technology
- DevOps and test driven development
Academic Background :
Bachelor's Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
Functional : - Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Agile Methodologies
- Software development/ testing
- Object oriented analysis and design across multiple platform
- Designing High Availability applications
- Product Engineering Knowledge
- Knowledge of outbound communication technologies
- Platform engineering knowledge (e.g Credit/Payments/Merchant services/Ecommerce platforms)
- Java 8 & above, J2EE
- Node, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Relation DBMSs - DB2, NoSql - Couchbase, S3
- AngularJS, React and Node.js
- RESTful API development
- Source control (Git, Bitbucket, Svn, Stack overflow, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bambo, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration Concepts (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Knowledge of microdose, vertx, typescript will be an additional advantage. Preferred:
- Test automation, DevOps and Test Driven Development
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
Contact Url - https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.