Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:924 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Service Delivery Leader - DS&I (8-12 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Function Description :
- Global Commercial Services (GCS) continues to be a fast growing business within American Express with the key objectives of accelerating growth, increasing profitability, and enhancing product value propositions to meet client needs.
- The Data, Strategy & Insights (DS&I) India team within GCS is instrumental in driving these objectives by providing actionable data driven insights and consultative solutions to GCS teams across the globe.
- The role focuses on Product Ownership of Global Client Profitability system.
- The open role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the GCS growth story in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, open, fun and collaborative environment. The role involves liaising with AET & Business partners to develop data and BI capabilities using Big Data Stack for DS&I to drive reporting/analytics of GCS organization.
Purpose of the Role :
The Product Owner role brings in the vision of the end product, which delivers the key values to the stakeholders. The Product Owner understands the business problem and works together with the business stakeholders, in deriving the key requirements and appropriately prioritizing in putting forward a most viable product concept. It also requires liaising with the technology partners, in managing the dependencies and delivering the final product.
Plans and oversees BI Solution and Data projects to completion; identifies scope and objectives; identifies deliverables and establishes schedules and timelines; assigns work to the project team members
- Leverage enterprise data warehouse to build advanced analytics internal and client facing tools and capabilities
- Participates in the development of and advises management on information technology strategy and technology deployment
- Meets with stakeholders to establish goals, priorities, major work schedules
- Agile / Scrum knowledge, with Product Owner role
- Knowledgeable about the development and operations side of BI, experience with data migration projects and Master Data Management (MDM) initiatives
- Agile software development methodologies experience, superior problem solving skills
- Experience in all facets of Analysis, Development, Implementation, DW Design and effectively managed globally dispersed teams
- A demonstrated ability to work in high-pressure situations with minimal errors
- Act as SME /product owner for the solutions created for the various DS&I teams and the field
- Manage multiple products as a project manager, constantly looking to enhance the product basis research or client feedback
- An optimistic and growth mindset with a tremendous will to win
- Should be able to function with minimum supervision with high sense of ownership
- Should be comfortable with flexible shift timings to support the international business
- Manage multiple products as a project manager, constantly looking to enhance the product basis research or client
- Perform Feasibility analysis on developmental needs to evaluate value to client and American Express
- Should own the communication with business to gather requirements, development agenda and launch of products to clients
Critical Factors to Success :
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Past Experience :
- 8+ years of experience in Business Intelligence/System Integrated Solutions & Product Management
Academic Background :
- Bachelor's/Post Graduate Degree in Engineering/Computer Applications
- Master of Business Administration preferred.
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Strong Project Management skills, with excellent stakeholder management across geographies.
- Hive and tableau experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to formulate and communicate strategies in a clear and compelling way
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Big Data –Cornerstone
- Data Visualization tools – Tableau
Knowledge of Platforms : NA
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.