Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1055 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Engineer I - Java/Python/Ruby On Rails (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
You will contribute to a rock star operations engineering team which is delivering the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS/xPaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
Purpose of the Role :
- The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers.
- You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- As a senior engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private and public Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly.
- You will work closely with your India and US leaders and peers to deliver a Follow the Sun capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
- This is individual contributor role and the person is expected to manage/ support PaaS (Openshift based) cloud platform as well as troubleshoot hosted application issues and expected to adhere the shift pattern (Full night shifts are not expected).
- Troubleshooting Jenkins pipeline failures
- Ensuring good customer experience around cloud platform stability, availability and performance.
- Bringing innovation and new ideas to proactively enhance the platform availability, performance and stability.
- Incident, change and problem management.
- Automate manual tasks to reduce manual efforts and human errors.
- Documenting SOP, Runbooks and knowledge base articles.
- Recommending security best practices and work with security teams to plan and execute vulnerability remediation and addressing security related escalations.
- Prepare Weekly and monthly status reports & Work on the service improvement programs.
Critical Factors to Success :
- Should be great team player
- Passionate about cloud technology
- Strongly believe in empathy
- Ability to remain calm during high pressure situation
- Must have experience troubleshooting application issues in docker based PaaS environment
- Hands-on experience for hosting and supporting enterprise class applications in AWS/GCP/AZURE cloud
- Hand-on experience troubleshooting Jenkins pipeline failures
- Experience managing or working on Openshift cluster will be added advantage
Academic Background : B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- ITSM Incident , change and problem management
- Driving closure on operational/ engineering tasks
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting Java or python application issues in docker based PaaS environment
- Sound knowledge and experience of writing or managing Jenkins pipeline
- Good knowledge of managing GIT/ Bitbucket servers and source code repository or branching
- Experience working with Jira, confluence
- Good understanding of Agile method
- Sound knowledge of HTTP error response codes, SSL encryption, Load balancing methods
- Sound knowledge of heap dump/ thread dump generation and analysis
- Good knowledge of Linux ( SELinux security context, services, file system, etc.)
- Knowledge of Openshift platform
- Knowledge of Redis, Kafka and elasticsearch will be added advantage
Knowledge of Platforms :
- JBOSS/ TOMCAT/ WEBSPHERE
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage