Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:377 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - SDL - ERP Expert I (2-4 yrs)
Job Description :
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame- .
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We're widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our
Come join us and realize your potential.
Function Description : This position is part of the Global R2R, Financial Accounting and Close organization and the position will report in to the Director - Oracle and Financial Close
Purpose of the Role :
- The Incumbent will be a part of the Oracle Operations, AXP Financial Accounting & Close team in India.
- The incumbent will be responsible for operational support & enhancements related to financial infrastructure on Oracle platform
- Managing GL Reporting & Governance process including monitoring, reporting & tracking
- Formulate & drive general ledger controls & governance through Data Mining & General Ledger activity analytics
- Ensuring compliance with agreed SLA, internal guidelines, accounting policies/ protocols and regulations that are applicable from time to time ( AXP internal, USGAAP)
- Managing internal and external audits and other submissions to ensure regulatory/ tax compliances
- Lead and participate in process standardization, automation, consolidation and continuous improvement initiatives including business partner and customer initiatives
Critical Factors to Success :
- This is a people leadership position.
- The incumbent should have prior experience of leading a team of at least 10-15 people and should be able to take responsibility for driving and managing a high level of Employee Motivation and Engagement
Past Experience :
- Incumbent should also have a prior experience of functional design of Oracle & similar BI tools
- Techno-Functional qualification preferred, prior experience of ERP related Data Mining & Analytics
Academic Background :
- Engineering graduates with MBA preferred
- Techno Finance professional with at-least 6 to 8 years of experience or B. Com/ B Tech with minimum 7+ years of experience
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- High level of professional maturity to respond quickly to all issues/queries
- Proven ability to drive & manage change - demonstrated experience for implementing initiatives towards automation/ standardization of processes
- Capability to think - Outside The Box- to offer alternate perspectives and solutions to increase productivity and significantly reduce cost of operations
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Minimum 2-3 Years of Relevant Experience in Oracle R12 Financials Modules
- High Proficiency In MS Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) Is a Requirement
- Well-Developed Analytical Skills, Ability to Understand End To End Linkages across Processes
Knowledge of Platforms :
1. Oracle GL
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors :
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time) : Full-time