Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1088 Applications:230 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Quality Engineer - Manual/Automation Testing (5-10 yrs)
Why American Express?
- Theres a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry.
Job Description :
- American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next-generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands-on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
- Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communication skills.
- We are looking for a Quality Engineer to work on mobile, mobile web and web applications that will be used by tens of millions of cardholders around the world. We want someone with expert-level technical skills who is super creative and enjoys solving tough problems. You should be able to come up with brilliant solutions that no one else does.
- You will be part of the Commercial Mobile & Expense Management Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Our aim is to build interactive experiences at all touchpoints of a consumer's journey whether it be before, at, or after the time of purchase.
- Part of agile team by driving user story analysis and elaboration, designing and developing software applications, and testing and building automation tools.
- Create and maintain automated tests running in a continuous integration environment.
- Ensure excellent application usability through careful manual testing
- Contribute to designing test cases and testing in ongoing sprints
- Self- motivated and able to independently learn new technologies
- Work closely with the development team to iteratively test concurrently with feature development
- Analyze and create endpoint mocks to aid in testing
A) Skills :
- Experience working in mobile/Web scrum/QA teams
- Experience in writing automated tests for mobile iOS, Android and APIs
- 2+ years of technical experience in a software development organization with a bachelor's or master's degree in Science (preferably Computer Science, Engineering or other related disciplines)
- Has exposure to a variety of distributed infrastructure technologies and systems
- Eagerness to work iteratively and collaboratively to build new software
- Excellent bi- directional communication skills
- Deals well with ambiguous/under- defined problems; able to think abstractly
B) Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Developed microservices using Java(REST/SOAP) and deploying them on enterprise cloud
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Team player and a hands-on engineer.
- Experience in leveraging open source tools and adapting to common frameworks
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools - Git
- Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.