Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:326 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Quality Control Analyst - Data Analytics/Internal Audit Group (2-4 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express :
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide- combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities- enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame- .
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Job Description :
Function Description :
American Express is looking for talented analytics professionals to join the Internal Audit Group's (IAG) Department Data Analytics Innovation (DAI) team. IAG is a worldwide function with approximately 150 team members and offices in seven countries. IAG has a mandate to remain an independent and objective function, providing assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the Company's operations. IAG executes various activities with the goal of assisting our business partners in accomplishing shared objectives, including a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The DAI team, through its Data Driven Auditing Initiative, is transforming the way data is used in the audit function at American Express, using powerful analytics to influence all aspects of the audit lifecycle and our audit conclusions.
Purpose of the Role :
The DAI team supports global audits across all business lines and functional areas of American Express. The right candidate for this role will have a strong analytics background with even stronger interest in business process, risks, and controls. The Quality control function under DAI is responsible to make sure all the analytics produced by the DAI developers are accurate, refined and ties back to the audit risks.
- Independently review analytics, code, and visualizations for completeness and accuracy
- Assess whether the analytics addresses the audit objective with clear linkage to internal controls that supports data driven audit conclusions
- Document all quality review work using standard operating procedures and checklists
- Effectively communicate QC results to the developer in a clear easy to understand manner - Collaboratively work with the analytics developer to resolve analytic errors, optimize the coding logic and standardize analytics development and documentation convention.
- Aggregate thematic issues from quality control review results to assist in the development and improvement of data analytics practices.
- Contributes in improvement of Quality control methodology.
- Supports in developing plans for ongoing quality assurance and change control protocol.
- Assists the QC Manager in leading quality control initiatives under the guidance of Data Analytics VP.
Conducts and documents moderately complex audit projects. Verifies accuracy and and ensures compliance with plans, policies and procedures. Prepares reports on results of audits and makes recommendations for improvements.
Past Experience :
- 2- 4 years- experience as Business Systems Analyst/Data Analyst including project planning and management, software analysis and design.
- B.E/B.Tech or master's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Experience within internal audit or banking/finance industry preferred.
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness to quickly and independently identify gaps, debug code, and produce results.
- Ability to understand data, break down a business problem and do brainstorming whilst considering timelines and result-driven approach
- Display learning interest and thought leadership.
- Attention to detail and analyitcal mindset.
- Experience with Amex system like Cornerstone
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, R, SAS, Microsoft Excel, Hive, and/or Spark
- Experience with Data visualization (Tableau), KRIs, KPIs, and Scorecards
Knowledge of Platforms :
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Other
Contact Url - https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.