Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:278 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Programmer Analyst - Global Commercial Platforms - Enterprise Digital Analytics (2-3 yrs)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Function Description :
The Global Commercial Platforms team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA), is focused on building best in class Commercial Data Platform and Capabilities to enable high quality interactions with our end customer and deliver on GCS strategic priorities. This exciting position will be responsible for implementation of Commercial data in the Commercial Organized Data Layer (CODL) in Cornerstone, Amex’s Big Data environment.
Purpose of the Role : This role provides the opportunity to work closely with partners from multiple Business Units to prioritize, define, develop and test the data for various use cases such as Commercial Insights, Performance Analytics, Customer Analytics, Marketing Analytics, and Global Business Services etc
- Accountable for Data quality of Commercial Data in Amex’s Big Data environment that is utilized by batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Machine Learning) to
deliver innovative solutions across multiple lines of business
- Develop understanding of Card & Non-Card Data in Commercial, Analytical processes and leveraging the same to define and transform the data quality in Cornerstone
- Collaborate and gather data requirements from various teams like Global Commercial Services, Global Business Services, Marketing, Risk and Capabilities etc. in a structured and organized manner and work with AET to identify appropriate solutions and timelines
- Prioritize, setup timelines, and explain the data quality process to Business partners
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance data quality, availability, process efficiency through increased standardization and automation in order to reduce manual effort
- Ensure Commercial ODL as a product is fully functional and if required bring Amex Technical Team and Cornerstone Production team together to solve issues, Track status, provide reporting metrics in a timely manner on the development team’s progress.
Critical Factors to Success : Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools; Knowledge of Agile Product Development methodology is preferred.
Past Experience : 2-3 years of experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture on Hive, Map Reduce and good exposure to Python is preferred.
Academic Background : Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree in IT or Business is preferred.
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Basic understanding of Agile/Scaled Agile Framework
- Understanding of financial terms and terminologies
- Good understanding of AXP Card & Non-Card, Payments Industry, analytics data and platforms(if Internal)
Technical Skills/Capabilities : Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl Hive, Python(preferred), proficient in SQL, MS Excel and Powerpoint Object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages Java, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro etc) and other AJAX tools/ Frameworks
Knowledge of Platforms :
- UNIX / Shell / Perl
- Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro etc)
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, Multitasking, and Thought-leadership skills with the ability to influence cross-functional
- Excellent verbal and written communication, capacity to articulate effective actions based on Business need and profile and relationship building experience
- Time & workload management skills including prioritizing and responding promptly to business.
- Willingness to work Flexible shift hours.
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue
Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage