Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:231 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Programmer Analyst - CAS Model Implementation (1-3 yrs)
Job Description -
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people- s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
- Credit and Fraud Risk continues to be the pioneer in analytics and technology, with the key objectives of accelerating growth and increasing profitability for American Express. Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities team is responsible for owning and managing key modeling capabilities & systems, for enabling world-class model development, validation and deployment.
Purpose of the Role :
- This role will be a part of the core team responsible for implementation and Validation of risk models in CAS platform, using a wide range of skills including; SAS, SQL, Perl, Unix and Big Data programming languages like Hive and Python.
- The role will be implementing Customer Management and Acquisitions models in partnering with Decision Science and Modeling teams. It would also include ongoing development and support of modeling capabilities as well as evolving them to support new and emerging modeling techniques and paradigms.
- This team will also drive innovation and transformation using latest Big Data tools like Python, while collaborating with Big Data and Cornerstone platform teams.
Critical Factors to Success:
Business Outcomes :
- Partner with risk modeling teams and technology teams to implement and deploy customer management models in CAS
- Perform detailed testing and validation of output of risk models before deployment into production environment.
- Provide technical expertise on the design, development, test and implementation of project deliverables. Share best practices.
- Monitors performance, availability, capacity and error resolution for existing applications.
- Provide needed documentation for all work, processes and project plans and establish and maintain proactive communications with management, project teams and business partners.
Leadership Outcomes :
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role- s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers,
partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world- s best customer experiences every day
Past Experience :
- SAS application development experience with at least one year in a UNIX environment. 1-3 years of hands-on experience in Base SAS and SAS Macros programming is a MANDATORY requirement.
- Experience with Big Data programming languages like Python is a strong added advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent / proven communication skills
Academic Background : Bachelor- s or Master- s degree in Computer Science or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Functional Skills/Capabilities : Strong understanding of credit/fraud business
Technical Skills/Capabilities : SAS, SQL, Perl, Unix and Big Data programming languages like Hive and Python
Knowledge of Platforms :
- Knowledge of Amex risk systems and data processes including CAS, CAS Midrange, MVS, BDP, GNA, GAM, GRMS, Risk modeling and Change Management is an added advantage.
Behavioral Skills :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Technology
Contact Url - https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.