Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:988 Applications:117 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Python/Hive/SQL (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
Theres a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they are ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Dont make a difference without it.
Dont live life without it.
Function Description :
- Global Commercial Services (GCS) accounts for nearly 50% of American Express card spend. GCS continues to be a fast growing business within American Express with the key objectives of accelerating growth, increasing profitability, and enhancing product value propositions to meet client needs.
- The Data, Strategy & Insights (DS&I) India team within GCS is instrumental in driving these objectives by providing actionable data driven insights and consultative solutions to sales, account development and product across the globe. The role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the GCS growth story in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, open, fun and collaborative environment.
- DS&I team uses rich closed loop data to build internal and client facing analytical solutions. These solutions cater to the needs of GCS sales, ADs and senior leadership, who manage thousands of clients across various segments. This team will be responsible for developing these solutions to drive efficiency and scalability.
- Additionally, there is critical need to build a repository of self-service off-the-shelf tools and data capabilities that can be leveraged by business users.
- The Commercial Insights consulting team is responsible for providing deep, actionable insights to clients by leveraging the power of American Express- Integrated Network data, as well as data from airlines, expense management systems, hotels, travel management companies, etc.
- The key focus of the insights is to help clients drive savings in their Travel and Entertainment spending, improve Travel and Entertainment Policy compliance and identify opportunities to earn more incentives / bonuses from American Express.
- We do this by working in close partnership with the Account Development teams and in direct contact with the clients, who are predominantly from Procurements, Finance and Corporate Risk profile.
- This function is a unique differentiator of the value-proposition that American Express delivers to its clients as a payment service provider for T&E (business travel) and B2B (Supplier) payments.
Purpose of the Role : Develop, design & deploy automated utilities & solutions that can be leveraged by analytical & business teams to drive efficiencies.
- Engage with clients to understand their needs and business priorities and accordingly deliver existing analytical insights in a consultative manner
- Help clients drive the right business outcome through recommendations based on insights as well as help clients measure the impact of the actions taken based on recommendations implemented. This helps us monetize the value of these insights with clients during pricing conversations
- Develop through iterative prototyping new insights solutions leveraging your data and insights generation expertise, using tools like HIVE, Python, SQL, VBA
- Drive improvement to existing insights tools by understanding how clients use the insights tools and provide new design and insights recommendations to the Insights Product Management team, after piloting these ideas
Critical Factors to Success :
Business Outcomes :
- Enable data driven actionable insights for field & clients to enable growth and retention
- Conduct prototyping of insights products and services based on client needs
- Create alternate revenue streams by monetizing insights products
- Conceptualize and develop client facing insights solutions (Insights Product Manager)
- Strengthen solution algorithms to make them industry-leading insights products for American Express through internal and external research (Insights Product Manager)
Leadership Outcomes :
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the roles agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
Past Experience :
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in financial sector preferred
Academic Background : - Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research
Functional Skills/Capabilities :
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives, lead or support ongoing projects and provide consultative expertise focused on win-win solutions
- Comfortable operating and contributing to a team oriented environment with strong personal accountability, commitment and integrity with respect to all aspects of the role
- Conceptual thinking skills and ability to identify and implement technical solutions to achieve process automation and improve groups productivity
- Maintain expected productivity/utilization goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management & team skills
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Advanced Excel
- Tableau or any data visualization tool
Knowledge of Platforms :
- Advanced MS office (Excel)
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors :
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage