Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:240 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Integrity MIS Developer (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
The Global Servicing Network (GSN) is part of the Global Servicing Group (GSG) and plays a central role in helping American Express achieve its vision of providing the world's best customer experience every day.
The GSN Management and Information Systems (MIS) Center of Excellence is seeking a programmer to support our Business Integrity partners. The Business Integrity team analyzes key processes that could be manipulated by colleagues for improved incentives, improved performance metrics, or financial gain.
The programmer will have the responsibility of analyzing large data sets (structured or unstructured) and identifying outliers and exceptions. The programmer will then translate this knowledge into easy to follow-reports.
Key Responsibilities include :
- Quickly understanding new business units, departments, and processes
- Quickly familiarizing self with table structures and data elements
- Querying data sources utilizing SQL, HQL, Python, and other languages
- Helping analyze queried data for trends and outliers
- Creating logic to systematically flag outliers and exceptions
- Creating reporting to display outliers and exceptions in a user friendly format
- Solid command and application of data engineering tools and concepts, including Big Data, relational database, raw data files, organized data layer (ODL), and command-line UNIX
- Strong data mining skills (i.e. SQL, Hive, Python, R, etc.) are essential
- Minimum 3 years in Structured Query Language (SQL), such as MS-SQL, MySQL or HiveQL
- Ability to successfully collect, analyze, and integrate data from a wide variety of data sources
- Ability to view the end-to-end data flow process, understand upstream/downstream effects of implementing change, and plan appropriately to compensate and/or adjust when necessary
- Ability to work independently and drive results; candidate must be able to accept high-level project requirements and implement them with minimal leader intervention
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to consistently deliver on preset timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to competently and confidently interact with multiple leadership levels
- Committed team player with ability to build and nurture relationships
Preferred Qualifications :
Experience working in the financial industry, with a strong understanding of credit and charge cards
- Experience working in contact center environment, with knowledge of associated metrics and incentives
- Familiarity with call recording platforms (NICE, Nexidia, etc.) and associated data
- A degree in statistics, Six Sigma Certification, or previous work in data science related field
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
Contact Url - https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.