Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:699 Applications:168 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Analyst - Risk Management II - R/Python Programming (0-6 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express? :
- There is a difference between having a job and making a difference.
- American Express has been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
- We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
- We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.
- And when they are ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
- Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express.
Do not make a difference without it.Do not live life without it.
Function Description :
- The CFR team helps drive profitable business growth by reducing the risk of fraud and maintaining our customers confidence in the security of our products.
- It utilizes an array of tools and ever-evolving technology to detect and combat fraud, minimize the disruption of good spending and provide a world-class customer experience.
- The team leads efforts that leverage data and digital advancements to improve service and risk management as well as enable commerce and drive innovation.
- CFR is responsible for developing and monitoring statistical models for predicting individual and commercial behaviours such as credit risk, fraud risk, spending and revolve.
- These models are used for key business decisions made across the customer life cycle to manage risk and accelerate profitable business growth.
- Underpinning our growth as a companies are the tools and capabilities that ensure we prudently take and manage risk in a viable way.
Purpose of the Role : Develop and enhance existing American Express statistical models by leveraging best-in-class modeling techniques and data across various stages of the cardmember lifecycle
- Develop and enhance existing profitability based risk management logic by leveraging best-in-class analytical techniques and data across Acquisition, Underwriting or Customer Management stages of the card member lifecycle
- Lead the analytics for driving billing, revenue growth and profitability through diverse analytical projects spanning across Underwriting, Line Management, Yield Management, Lending on Charge and Central Lending Capabilities
- Enhance the economic logic, optimization of business rules to maximize through the Cycle returns for all business functions and improve marginal economics
- Application of machine learning techniques to create efficiencies in the existing processes
- Exploration of new Information sources to improve our risk discrimination and / or improve our economics over and above existing framework
- Partner with other teams across the globe to develop System Capabilities and other logic(s) that will help in more optimal decision
Critical Factors to Success :
Business Outcomes :
- Drive billing, revenue growth and profitability through advanced analytical techniques
- Ensure Modeling Accuracy and enhance modeling efficiency in existing processes using Machine Learning
- Innovate Modeling Techniques and Variable creation
Leadership Outcomes :
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the roles agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners,
colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the worlds best customer experiences every day
Past Experience : 0-6 years with relevant experience in Analytical/Modelling Skills
Preferred : Experience in R/Python programming and/or Statistical modeling
Academic Background : Post Graduate in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering/Management
Function Skills :
Analytics & Insights & Targeting :
- R, Python, C, C++, Java, SAS SQL
- Advanced Statistical Techniques
- Data correlation
- Model Accuracy Techniques : Gini, Concordance, F-Score
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence :
- Expertise in Coding, Algorithm, High-Performance Computing
- Unsupervised and supervised techniques : active learning, transfer learning, neural models, Decision trees, reinforcement learning, graphical models, Gaussian processes, Bayesian models, Map Reduce techniques, attribute engineering
- Deep learning
- Gradient boosting machines, self-reinforcing algorithms
Knowledge of Platforms :
- Big Data - Cornerstone
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors :
- Set The Agenda : Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You : Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way : Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job Type : Permanent
Industry Type : Operations
Contact Url : https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.