Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1019 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Analyst - Enterprise Digital Analytics (1-4 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don' t live life without it.
- Partner with GMS Sales Consultants to scope and execute high quality innovative custom consulting engagements. Depending on customer need, the project will vary in size and complexity.
- The GMS Insights & Analytics - Custom Consulting is a critical role that is responsible for end to end execution of the project engagement from problem definition, data analysis/interpretation to develop the storyline with the insights/recommendations.
- Project Scoping & Approach : Accountable for problem definition and problem solving by framing the key issues and brainstorming potential hypotheses; suggest relevant hypotheses to prioritize to develop a compelling answer to the client question
- Data Retrieval & Summarization : Responsible for data extraction, SAS code customization and creation of summarized excel pivots to provide preliminary answers to the list of prioritized hypotheses.
- Conduct customer behavioral segmentation to synthesize a set of meaningful and actionable insights/ recommendations. Iterate on additional cuts/parameters to flesh out the emerging storyline and draw out the actionable insights/recommendations.
- Presentation Deck : Responsible for creation of the draft storyline and development of the deck; incorporate suggested changes in close partnership with BI Consultant; Listen in on client calls as appropriate to gather feedback
- Document client engagements (pitch doc, problem solving approach, SAS codes, summarized pivots and final presentation decks) for reference in future similar engagements.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and measurement
- Ability to drive business insights from the data and provide actionable steps
- Effective in written and verbal communication with partners located globally
- 1+ year experience of SAS coding in a business environment(standard SAS/SQL functions,)
- Experience in Python
- Ability to solve and execute unstructured business problems is a plus.
- Experience in Big Data techniques(i.e. KNN, Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc) is a plus
- Masters from DSE / ISI / IIT, etc.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time