Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1747 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Analyst (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
This is a Band 30 role
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.
And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
American Express - Travel & Lifestyle Services (T&LS) :
- Travel & Lifestyle Analytics team provides analytical support to the Travel & Lifestyle Organization. It forms the part of Global Operations and Analytics (GOA) Team and has grown significantly in the last few years.
- This team is responsible for providing analytical and reporting support to T&LS stakeholders in the US and 23 international markets.
- The successful candidate will be part of the Senior Management Reporting team within GOA and will be primarily responsible for providing analytical support to Senior Management.
Business Analyst (B30 IC) Responsibilities :
- The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering best in class analytical solutions to ensure the success of Travel & Lifestyle servicing model of American Express
- Identify Business Growth Opportunities or Operational Excellence opportunities and present business cases to Business, Regional or Market Leaders
- Manage monthly and quarterly BAU reports for Senior Management and work on ad-hoc requests from Senior Management
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives, lead or support ongoing projects and provide consultative expertise focused on win-win solutions
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Management Information, by expanding on our reporting capabilities through automation, consolidation of metrics/parameters, incorporating intuitive analysis and recommendation or by creating new intuitive MI etc
- Comfortable operating and contributing to a team-oriented environment with strong personal accountability, commitment and integrity with respect to all aspects of the role
- Conceptual thinking skills and the ability to identify and implement technical solutions to achieve process automation and improve the group's productivity
- Implement process changes to strengthen data governance and implement quality controls
- The Person should hold a Master / Bachelor Degree with 3-6 years of overall experience and 2 years of the related domain in Business Analysis.
- Extensive experience of data slicing, insights generation, consultative approach and report development using large volumes of granular data to deliver analytical solutions.
- Extensive experience using MS-Excel & MS Access for data manipulation and analysis. Good knowledge of VBA
- Knowledge of BI Platforms / SAS preferred
- Excellent Project management, client management, verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work in high-pressure situations with minimal errors
- Should be able to function with minimum supervision with a high sense of ownership
- Open to work any shift between 8:00 am to 10:00 pm window ( Mostly fixed shifts but should be flexible to meet the needs of the Business)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time) : Full-time