Amazon - Wireless Network Engineer - CCIE/CISSP/CCNA Certified (6-10 yrs)
Job description :
- Our tier 3 support group is looking for a Wireless Network Engineer with a passion for wireless technology and mobile solutions. We are looking for someone to join our growing team that is responsible for supporting one of the largest and most rapidly growing 802.11 networks in the world.
- This position will support technology standards and policies for our global wireless infrastructure. You will work closely with client engineering to develop and test new solutions while supporting our complex ecosystems of robotics, mobile devices, end user equipment and workstations. This position works with our WLAN survey teams, FC infrastructure operations team, software teams and automation teams.
- Our OpsTech tier 3 support team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, and Europe.
- As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both day-to-day and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon's fulfillment networks for years to come.
- Provide network escalation support for critical and complex network issues.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction.
- Partner with our broader Operations Technology organization to reduce operational burden.
- Monitor and manage technical communications during large-scale events.
- Be a part of Global support organization that provides 24x7 escalation support on a rotation basis. Some night and week end support may be required.
- Dive Deep on the high severity incidents and participate in root cause analysis.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes for field teams and centralized support groups.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Create and review documentation and processes, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material and training for new products.
- Develop and maintain change templates.
- Follow the existing change policies and create, review and execute complex changes.
- Automate select network administration tasks by building new solutions, either through existing tools and methods or new ones.
- Support organizational transformation from reactive to proactive with focus on predictive solutions and metrics.
- Participate in hiring and developing the best we can find to build and grow our team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 7+ years- experience designing and supporting mission critical wireless infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of various vendors roaming algorithms
- Expert knowledge of Cisco unified infrastructure in large scale global deployments
- In-depth knowledge of 802.11 protocols.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP-Wireless
- In-depth knowledge of 802.1x, RADIUS, EAP-TLS
- Comfortable with routing fundamentals and wired networking concepts
- Understand TCP/IP internals and have experience analyzing packet captures
- Degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in automating network administration using Python, Perl, or other high-level scripting language
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad and RF survey and planning software
- Experience operating high-density AP and client deployments
- CCIE Wireless (Written + Lab)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.