HR Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:2883 Applications:317 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:292
Amazon - Technical Program Manager (10-16 yrs)
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simple solutions? Are you excited by a fast paced multi-tasked environment?
Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Digital and Device customers? Amazon, along with being a retail and technology company, is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle and Fire family of products.
We have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room and Echo, our latest cutting edge product.
What will you help us create?
- The Digital and Device Customer Service Technology team own critical applications and backend services.
- The team has the charter to innovate customer experience avenues that will push the boundaries of customer-device interaction.
- The team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead high-impact, cross-functional projects that positively impact the customer experience.
- The TPM role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills.
- She or he will be responsible for collecting business and system requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
You will be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment, with the ability to drive the technology strategy, collaborate with business and development teams across the company to analyze the cost/benefit of project selection, and manage all aspects of the project execution. A successful candidate must be able to:
- Interact with Project Leads, Technical Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, multiple Development & infrastructure teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Work with cross functional teams
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
Basic qualifications :
- Experience developing and delivering on project milestones
- 5+ years- experience developing organization-wide and customer-centric solutions
- Proven track record of being able to learn, develop and implement new technologies, ideas and initiatives
- Extensive hands-on experience working across multiple disciplines, presenting findings to an executive audience and publishing findings in written format
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
Preferred qualifications :
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program and/or technical project management
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with Java based web services and mobile application development
- Knowledge and implementation of lean and/or Agile processes
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.