HR Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:9746 Applications:444 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:423
Amazon - Software Development Manager - Java/C++ (8-15 yrs)
Amazon.com is looking for Software Development Managers to join the Inventory Planning and Control Automation team. As a leader of the team you will have the opportunity to work with complex algorithms and build highly scalable services handling thousands of requests per second that manage inventory plans for millions of items on Amazon.com. We are looking for a Software Development Manager with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. As part of leading a team of engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on challenges that can reshape the e-commerce industry.
We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software. We move at a fast pace and deliver software iteratively using AGILE best practices and the latest technologies.
The Ideal Candidate :
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and technical program managers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Experienced in developing the long-term strategy for the settlement platforms and translate that into an achievable roadmap
- Experienced in building and managing teams that design and deliver scalable and extensible distributed systems to address complex business challenges.
- Understands how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
- Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
Basic qualifications :
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams
- Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++
- 5-10 years of experience in Software Development Engineer and 2-5 years as a Software Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
"Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment."