- Amazon is seeking a creative, thoughtful and customer-obsessed senior user experience designer to help us define the future of Indian online shopping for Amazon.in.
- Your primary focus will be to create elegant and customer-focused designs that provide a superior retail experience working in close collaboration with business, product, technology, and design teams across international locations.
- You will get the opportunity to own comprehensive end-to-end experiences, work across Amazon services and infrastructure yet provide locally relevant presentations of expansive content and functionality across a manifold of product lines, client devices, and locales.
- The job requires you to completely understand Indian consumers and their online behavior and create new or modify existing Amazon experience to suit their need.
- Design a superior shopping experience.
- Define and achieve holistic product objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and designers.
- Develop and provide thought leadership in the retail user experience across devices.
- Leverage available insights like market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Advocate for the customer and user-centered design in a corporate environment.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
- Provide mentorship for designers and interns.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- At least 7 years of work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or Information Architecture
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions
- An innate capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts
- Experience with designing end-user, web-based applications
- Fluency in best practices for Information Architecture and Interaction Design
- Ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment
- The ability to provide detailed specifications and/or optimized HTML and CSS prototypes for our Developers and Engineers to work from
- A general understanding of how Design impacts Development (and vice versa), along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible/prudent
- A strong awareness of common Usability methods and principles
- A lucid sense for how individual components and features impact their larger applications, and how to optimize accordingly
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication
- An aptitude and honed intuition for tasteful, visual design details
- An enduring sense of humor
- Ability and passion to design for a foreign context
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Retail/E-commerce design experience in a global context
- Experience working with international teams
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.