Amazon - Senior Software Development Engineer - Java/C/C++ (8-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Amazon WW R&R is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use.
Our work is broad and deep :
- We train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use
- We invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop world-class product support to help customers love what they buy
- We pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backwards to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy;
- And we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
- As a member of this team, your mission will be to design, develop, document and support massively scalable, distributed real-time systems.
- Using C++, Java, object-oriented design patterns, distributed databases and other innovative storage techniques, you will build and deliver software systems that support complex and rapidly evolving business requirements.
- We are looking for software engineers with 8+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems.
- They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
- These engineers will provide the technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering excellence.
- We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact.
- We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance.
- As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
- Amazon is earth's most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the earth is our customer too.
- Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns & eCommerce team!
Basic Qualifications :
Key Responsibilities include :
- Ability to design for scale
- Implement solutions for broadly defined problems
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Development of code in object-oriented languages like C++ and Java and build large scale robust distributed systems
Candidates for this role must have :
- 5+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
Preferred Qualifications :
Nice to have qualifications :
- Experience in building software based on SOA architecture
- Development in cloud environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.