HR Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:4821 Applications:258 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:241
Amazon - Senior Software Development Engineer - C/C++/Java (6-12 yrs)
Amazon has come a long way since opening on the World Wide Web in July 1995. Today, we operate retail websites in multiple countries across geographies, offering products in many categories (books, media, digital, electronics etc.) worldwide, and we still like to work hard, have fun and make history! The Amazon.com brand has become synonymous with a superior level of convenience, selection, low prices, and customer service. We have over 130 million active customers as of 2010.
Software Development Engineers - Worldwide Transportation Engineering @ Hyderabad, India
Amazon's global fulfillment network enables any merchant in any of the geography ship items that you order on Amazon, to any place on earth. There are a variety of ways in which we can acquire items from vendors to our warehouses, ship items from one location to another, and several intermediate locations through which the package travels before reaching the customer.
There are millions of such packages, each with different attributes, and different delivery requirements. What results is a highly dense graph of source, intermediate and destination nodes, with arcs between them representing possible paths for packages, with different costs and times along each arc. Accounting for all these constraints, and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost, providing a variety of delivery options and maximizing delivery performance is Transportation Engineering's primary focus.
In 2006, Amazon started building Technology teams at Hyderabad to support the growth in the global fulfillment and transportation network. We have built a world class Software engineering team which is focused on solving some of the complex problems in worldwide Transportation using workflows, optimization algorithms, machine learning systems etc. These are large scale distributed systems handling millions of packages being shipped through our network
- We are looking for software engineers with 6+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
- These engineers will provide the technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering excellence.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6-10 years of industry experience
- Solid experience in C, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Solid understanding of objected-oriented design concepts
- Sharp analytical skills and strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong in CS fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
Preferred Qualifications :
- Familiarity with a Scripting language like Perl or Ruby is a plus
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems design
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Familiarity with Web technologies is a plus
Job Location : Hyderabad
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.