AlefEdge - Software Test Engineer - Manual/Automation Testing (2-7 yrs)
Overview : Opportunity to work in an exciting start-up Alef Edge.Alef is a global Mobile Edge Computing Pioneer whose vision is to realize the potential of the Mobile Internet and the High Definition Connected Intelligence Era through a wide range of proximitybased enablement services that are immersive, interactive and intelligent. Through its Alef OS platform the company powers the 5G-fication of today's 4G mobile networks without need for multi-billion-dollar upgrades and years long delays for Mobile Network Operators.
We are the ONLY Live MEC Deployment in the WORLD!
We are seeking curious and enthusiastic QA engineers to work collaboratively with a talented cross functional team of engineers. You are expected to be able to understand the feature requirements as well as software low level design to be able to independently develop test methodology and plans. (Applies even if you are keen to work in Automation - ).. Hence, the desire and ability to learn, unlearn and relearn stacks right up there! Still interested- ? Scroll below for more details:
Job Description :
Contribute in the testing the following areas to name a few:
- Wireless mobility protocol handling - 3G / 4G
- IETF based protocols
- Call flows for 3G/4G
- Packet processing/forwarding/routing
- Test Tool development/integration
The candidate is expected to be able to understand the feature requirements as well as software low level design to be able to independently develop test methodology and plans. Participation in design reviews, as well as some on-field testing maybe required
Minimum Qualification : B.E in IT / Computer Science / ENTC, MCS or M.Sc in Computers from reputed university
Previous Work Experience : 2-7 years of experience in software testing (preferably of networking domain)
- Experience with networking or systems software and libraries in a Linux environment
- Experience in TCP/IP,DIAMETER,RADIUS,GTP protocolsetc
- Exposure to 3GPP wireless packet core technologies
- Experience with virtualization is a plus
- Working on adapting/integrating third-party (or open-source) software into test environment
- Hands on scripting experience like python,perl,shell,tcl,expect
- Experience in monitoring solution, analytics, etc.
- Good to have experience in Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure