Talent Acquisition Manager at Alation
Views:247 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Alation - Technical Product Manager - Roadmap & Strategy (5-15 yrs)
Alation, the data catalog company, is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand and trust data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. Fortune 500 companies, including eBay, LinkedIn, Pepsico, Dow Chemical, Pfizer, and global banks, leverage the Alation Data Catalog.
We- re looking for world class Product Leaders who share our vision for a more curious and rational world and can evangelize our vision internally and externally. As a PM at Alation you will be working to unlock the value of the data: help people to find, understand and trust data that they already have.
Alation's data catalog gathers data and metadata from data sources (such as relational databases) across a large enterprise, so that users can browse, search and query it. As such, Alation implements word-class capabilities to secure, scale and manage this data environment to the requirements of global enterprise customers. In this role, you will assemble the roadmap of capabilities to address the needs of our most important customers - and partner with your engineering team to deliver.
Here are some examples of product areas and projects you may be covering :
Authentication - can we use Oauth2 to eliminate the need to store passwords? Is it becoming a widely accepted standard in the market?
Authorization - how should we update our authorization model to accomodate the needs of global companies?
Encryption - Do we need to build our own encryption and key management or can we leverage other solutions? How far do we need to go to meet key rotation requirements of PCI DSS?
Customer Portal - license key management. Build or buy?
Backup/Restore - Should we improve our current solution or bundle a commercial solution?
Monitoring and logging - How do we make logs and events available centrally to our customer's IT team even as we move to a distributed, containerized architecture? Which kinds of events should we monitor?
How do we improve our managed high availability (HA) solution for our software stack and database? Do containers and kubernetes make this easier?
You will :
- Build relationships, synthesize input, and communicate roadmaps across many stakeholders including customers, professional services, sales, customer success, engineering, and design
- Perform market analysis in order to define strategic priorities for your product areas
- Be data driven, creating and monitoring product and customer value metrics to make objective prioritization decisions
- Build and maintain an effective and groomed backlog providing clear requirements for new initiatives and enhancements
- Take on additional projects beyond your core product, enhancing the Alation product portfolio and helping to build a high performance product team
Requirements: to do so, you'll leverage :
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Self-starter with strong creative problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Have delivered user experiences that are empowering, delightful and well-designed
- Domain experience in enterprise software, security, systems management, monitoring, performance measurement, and/or database systems
- Skilled in discussing technical details with engineers & product design while also clearly communicating with leadership, sales marketing, and customers
You'll be a great fit if :
- You're passionate about making the world a more curious and rationale place, by creating products that help people explore data, ask questions and get reliable answers
- You're humble and thoughtful, but a vocal advocate for our users and customers able to fight for the course of action that the data and our values show is right
- Knowledge of containers/kubernetes ecosystem
- Knowledge of compliance regulations including PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR