Talent Acquisition Manager at Alation
Views:818 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Alation - Software Engineer - Backend Development - Java/Python (3-6 yrs)
What do we do as a company?
Alation is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand, and trust data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. More than 100 organizations, including the City of San Diego, eBay, Munich Re and Pfizer, leverage the Alation Data Catalog. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective, Harmony Partners, Icon Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.
Job Scope :
Alation is seeking a talented and highly technical back end engineer to join our fast growing team in Chennai, India. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
What does Enterprise Readiness team do?
Enterprise Readiness(ER) team is an integral part of the Alation Engineering team as it is responsible for the delivery of a packaged product for our customers. ER team enables our customer to configure a highly available instance with seamless backup, restore, monitoring including ownership of a portal for install distribution.
Alation's Enterprise Readiness team also helps our customers with license and permission enforcement along with encryption services.
As part of the Enterprise Readiness team, you will :
- Build enhance and maintain our customer portal web application with React and Django
- Support new initiatives to improve instance tracking for Alation along with easy provisioning.
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite with Jasmine and Selenium
- Collaborate with our product design team to provide the highest quality user experience
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work directly with users to integrate feedback into designs and priorities
You may be a perfect fit if you :
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
-Extensive back end coding experience
- Have strong experience with Java or Python
- Experience with the internals of a system (such as an operating system, database, web server, etc.)
- Software engineer with 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend.
- Experience building web applications with scalable web architecture in working closely with operations to deliver an un parallel user experience.
- Experience with AWS products Like EC2, RDS, etc is a plus.
- Understand how to translate business requirements and - user needs- into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Have strong Git skills while working with an Agile team
- Are able to identify solutions that improve the quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- You have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
About Alation :
Alation is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity deeply at our company: our founders came together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design -- that unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds- from Stanford to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States and abroad. Alation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. And we seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.