Talent Acquisition Manager at Alation
Views:79 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Alation - Engineering Manager - Enterprise Readiness Team (8-14 yrs)
What do we do as a company?
Alation is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand, and trust data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. More than 100 organizations, including the City of San Diego, eBay, Munich Re and Pfizer, leverage the Alation Data Catalog. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective, Harmony Partners, Icon Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.
What does Enterprise Readiness team do?
- The Enterprise Readiness (ER) team is an integral part of Alation Engineering as it is responsible for the delivery of a packaged product for our customers. ER team enables our customer to configure a highly available instance with seamless backup, restore, monitoring including ownership of a portal for install distribution.
- Alation's Enterprise Readiness team also helps our customers with license and permission enforcement along with encryption services.
Job Scope :
- Alation is seeking a talented and highly technical Engineering Manager to join our fast growing team in Chennai, India. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
As part of Enterprise Readiness team, you will :
- Partner with your product managers and technical leads to initiate cross-functional collaboration with development teams throughout Alation to gather feedback and requirements.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders inside and outside the team.
- Think holistically in order to ensure the team fully understands its goals and objectives.
- Develop, manage and set the operational vision for Identity and Access Management
- Pursue a mature security posture with regards to ensuring appropriate application and system access.
- Manage configuration deployment and deployment tools including backup and restore
- Own centralized services that enable monitoring, logging, authentication, licensing and white labeling
You may be a perfect fit if you :
- You have a Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- You have previously managed a team of 5+ engineers with responsibility for systems in production as a tech lead or a manager for at least 3+ years.
- Possesses an expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
- Collaborate with teams to maintain and identify requirements for optimal high availability and backup-recovery solutions.
- Previous experience as a tech lead architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services with a distributed backend.
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers building distributed systems.
- Experience managing multi-site teams and times zones is very desirable.
- Preferably, you have experience integrating systems with high throughput and have scaled systems in an Agile development environment.
- Passionate about writing clean and well-tested code, participate in code reviews and always think about how to make products easy to support and maintain.
- You have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.