Talent Acquisition Manager at Alation
Views:111 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Alation - DevOps Engineering Manager - Hadoop/Teradata (8-14 yrs)
Come join our vibrant, hard-working, and fast-growing company as a DevOps Engineering Manager (India)!
What do we do as a company?
Alation is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand, and trust data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. More than 100 organizations, including the City of San Diego, eBay, Munich Re and Pfizer, leverage the Alation Data Catalog. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective, Harmony Partners, Icon Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.
Job Scope :
- Alation is seeking to hire a DevOps Manager to join our fast growing team in Chennai, India. The ideal candidate will be responsible for hands-on, technical management overseeing Alation's DevOps India team in our Chennai (India) location.
- They will drive strategy, planning, design and development of on-demand systems such as Vertica, Netezza, HIve, Teradata, Tableau, Microstrategy, MongoDB, AWS S3, EMR, Azure Blob, Azure HDInsight, Cassandra, MapR, Redshift, SAPHana, SASVA, Greenplum and various RDBMS with SSL and Kerberos support (and many others).
As a part of the DevOps team, you will :
- Drive the technical vision and roadmap for your DevOps team
- Build the technical and cultural foundations of our engineering team
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team - lead Sprint and Project planning
- Set the direction for your team, including guiding them through scaling and performance related challenges
- Work closely with our InfoSec, Development and Product teams
- Oversee project planning, design, milestone delivery and quality
- Oversee CI/CD Jenkins pipeline
- Provide infrastructure architecture advice to Development teams
- Work closely with QA team to develop on-demand testing infrastructure
- Manage procurement of software licenses
- Drive the selection of tools and programming languages being used by the team.
You may be a perfect fit if you :
- Have 3+ years of hands-on engineering management experience in an Agile environment
- Have big data systems experience: Hadoop, Teradata, Vertica, etc... (this is a plus)
- Have solid SCM(git) experience managing multiple branches and code review
- Have hands-on Jenkins management with jobDSL
- Are flexible to react to changing priorities and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of the data management, analytics, BI space (or able to learn about it deeply and quickly)
- Have strong DevOps infrastructure automation experience across multiple clouds with scalable CI/CD
- Have experience in cloud network and firewalls (this is a plus)
- Possess a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field