Director at Softtech Career Infosystem Pvt. Ltd.
Views:203 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AIX Administrator - Solaris/RHEL (10-14 yrs)
Internal Job Description (e.g. the deliverables/results the candidate is expected to achieve)
The major responsibilities of the Midrange (AIX) Administration position encompasses Service Delivery, Delivery Operations and includes:
- Should have minimum 10 years of core experience in AIX
- Defines, installs and maintains midrange AIX servers.
- Provide a technical lead / technical co-ordination role.
- Undertake the lead in proactive resolution of system related problems.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of the business recovery plan and procedures.
- Suggests and/or implements solutions to resolve problems and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Interface with 3rd party support vendors for problem resolution.
- Supports the coordination of the processing environment and software distribution, upgrades and maintenance.
- Plan and coordination of work efforts and assignments of I/O subsystems and system peripherals.
- Gather information to assist in the analysis of client business requirements.
- Provide second level technical support for complex problems
- Identification of problems related to product/service installation, update, configuration, operations, performance, or other aspects of information technology products and services (including detailed root cause analysis).
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Be able to follow rigorous change and incident management processes.
- Be available for on call roster, cyclic maintenance, DR, high severity issue resolution periodically as part of the defined
Desired Experience (e.g. type of work, projects, area of business etc):
- Strong AIX fundamentals On 7.x version
- Good understanding of software upgrade/migration process
- Strong skills in HMC, VIO, LPARs
- Knowledge of backup solutions inc. Veritas NetBackup, Omni back
- Experience on L2 level with these technologies as well, SUSE, Solaris10 & 11, RHEL 6 & 7, OEL
Mandatory Required Skills Applicants should have skills in the following areas:
- Cluster configuration and troubleshooting
- Bigfix (With Fixlet customization) its main requirement for this role.
- Kickstart/Yum/PXE (Redhat)
- SAN Technologies
- Enterprise hardware (Blade Chassis)
Applicants must have substantial enterprise experience in the following :
- Linux 5/6/7 (Mandatory)
- Veritas Cluster / Redhat Cluster (Mandatory)
Additional knowledge and experience in one of the following Unix / Linux
Flavours would be highly considered :
- SUN Solaris 8,9,10,11 (inc zones)
- OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux) and OVM.
- AIX 6.1 / 7.1
- SUSE Linux