Advance System Administrator - Windows Server/Citrix (4-15 yrs)
Job Description : The Advanced Systems Administrator is an intermediate technical position. The job responsibilities include the administration of Windows servers and other general Microsoft applications. Other tasks include advanced client machine troubleshooting and diagnosing LAN/WAN connectivity issues.
Job Responsibilities :
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed with outages.
- Advanced Desktop Troubleshooting
- Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 and higher administration
- Basic private and public cloud administration
- Server and network alert management and remediation
- Server antimalware administration and resolution
Additional Duties and Responsibilities :
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer's needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness : the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations :
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 3 years of IT or related experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision and dental benefits included.
- Performance based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full-on job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.