Talent Selection at Adobe
Views:247 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Adobe - Senior System Engineer - Storage (9-15 yrs)
Position : Senior System Engineer - Storage
Location : Noida (preferred)
- Looking for a senior system engineer with top-notch technical skills to build and administer storage and backup footprint to support Adobe IT infrastructure needs.
- The storage engineer will work closely with system, database and SAP administrators and different IT business teams in supporting and managing storage solutions to meet their business requirements.
- He will also ensure all underlying SAN/NAS/Object storage is configured and are performing optimally to meet specific application and business function needs.
- The ability to communicate technical / non-technical issues / solutions in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner is imperative, as the candidate may participate in technical and customer reviews and should be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- To be successful in Adobe's dynamic environment, qualified candidates must be self-motivated, work closely with others in a true team environment and able to define, plan and implement long term goals and tasks in support of Adobe's enterprise and IT departmental strategies and charter.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills, logical thinking and attention to detail are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment.
- Ability to automate day today activities to ensure execution and consistent results, will be a key plus attribute.-
Responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to :
- Responsible for solution design, setup, administration, monitoring, tuning and optimizing, governing Large Scale SAN, NAS and Data protection including DR
- Senior system engineer will perform SAN, NAS activities such as, System Health Checks Performance management, Capacity management, Problem management, storage provisioning, S/W upgrades, Vendor co-ordinations, Backup and recovery, Storage and SAN deployment and Integration.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system availability, resiliency, and performance
- Develop and create automation enabled storage infrastructure
- Analyze and resolve problems involving interaction between applications, server hardware/firmware/OS and storage by working with cross functional teams and equipment vendors.
- Support Hitachi/ EMC ISILON, Commvault storage systems by responding to incidents
- 24- 7 support on rotation basis. On - call coverage on rotation basis participating in break fix scenarios restoring service as quickly as possible and investigating root causes for outages and maintaining incident logs.
- Contribute to a variety of documentation such as strategies, plans, designs, configuration standards, metrics, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues directly or indirectly related to storage systems from an end to end perspective.
- Manage, monitor and optimize enterprise wide storage capacity to ensure available capacity where expected.
Requirements and Skills :
- BS/Btech/MCA degree (or equivalent) and minimum 9-15 years overall experience in storage administration.
- Candidates should have prior extensive experience working in a large SAN, NAS and backup production support & mission critical environment.
- 9-15 years- experience with deploying and managing high end and midrange storage platforms like Hitachi Data Systems, G1000, G800, G600, HNAS, HUS series, EMC ISILON and NAS Object based storage is required.
- Exposure to Software Defined Storage and object-based storage is a plus
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Hitachi Universal Replicator, Shadow Image, Hitachi Dynamic provisioning, Universal Volume Manager are required.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing Fiber channel SAN fabrics with Brocade DCX switches and solid understanding of FC protocol in general will be required.
- Solid experience with volume management software and file systems- i.e. Veritas Volume Manager, DMP, VxFS and other multi-pathing software across heterogeneous operating systems
- Strong exposure with IBM AIX, Solaris, Linux, VMware and Windows operating systems. Exposure to IBM p770, VIO, LPARS, NPIV preferred.
- Knowledge of different disk and file systems performance measuring- and benchmarking tools
- Candidate should have good handle over the requirements gathering, designing, planning, problem solving, technical analysis of business problems and presenting it to management
- Analytical ability to resolve complex issues in a fast paced and challenging SAN storage environment is needed.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with SAN storage management product, Hi-command device manager, tuning manager.
- Shell scripting, Perl, Python experience will be an extra advantage.
- Proven production service trouble-shooting skills that span applications, systems and network.
- Understanding of Software Defined Storage (SDS) and Content Delivery Networks
- Understanding and exposure of object-based storage designing and architecture
- Understanding and experience in managing large scale, multi-region, multi-DC deployment of object-based storage operations covering bucket life cycle policies, versioning, s3sync, etc.
- Knowledge of security postures like digital certificates, server & client-side encryption
- Exposure to CentOS/RHEL unix systems with bash scripting
- Understanding of data protection concepts like Erasure Coding
- Exposure to tools like AWS CLI, S3CMD etc.