Talent Selection at Adobe
Views:219 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Adobe - Hadoop/Big Data Platform Administrator - Java/AWS (8-12 yrs)
Position : Hadoop Platform Engineer Information Technology Bangalore, India
Our company :
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone- from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The challenge :
- Data Science and Engineering is a team Developing world class solutions on the most cutting- edge technologies that are real time, near real time streaming Architectures are designed to Work on any HADOOP based environment and/or Cloud such as AWS, and/or Microsoft Azure, Multiple Data Ingestion and Data Management Services framework are already developed at Adobe by Adobe.
- Data Engineering are responsible for providing Architecture, Design Leadership and Development of Solutions per Business Requirements.
- We are looking for a passionate, high energy Application Engineer to build pipelines using multiple software tools in a Hybrid Cloud business environment that sources its data from Adobe's largest online services - Creative Cloud & Document Cloud.
- YOU will be responsible for understanding requirements for tools/dashboards and use programming languages and contribute to developing application using tools to meet client's data requirements. Engineers to demonstrate skills on one or more programming languages, multiple operating systems, attention to details, time management, accuracy and good communication and documentation Skills.
- The successful candidate will work in a high availability Adobe's always on, always connected world, this role provides a unique opportunity to plan, design and build up unique software Data engineering through framework and on a breadth of cloud technologies.
- This is a highly visible role and will involve engagement with IT & Engineering Global teams and integrate a variety of other applications, platforms & services, found in very few other opportunities in a high performing team.
- It will be a HUGE Plus if the candidate has Core Development experience on one or more languages like JAVA, PYTHON, SCALA. He/she is expected as a Data Engineer to have relevant Tools and a full stack development experience with hands on Multi cluster environment such as HADOOP and Cloud Technologies will be a Plus.
What you'll do :
- Responsible for design, Develop, monitoring, tuning and optimizing, governing Large Scale Hadoop Cluster and Hadoop components in a 24"7 team.
- Design & implement new components and various emerging technologies in Hadoop Echo System, and successful execution of various Proof-Of-Technology (PoT).
- Monitor and analyze job performance, file system/disk-space management, cluster & database connectivity and log files.
- Platform administration activities on various Hadoop services such as Yarn, RM, Zoo keeper, Cloudera manager etc
- Harden the cluster to support use cases and self-service in 24x7 model and apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to on critical, highly complex customer problems.
- Automate deployment and management of Hadoop services including implementing monitoring.
What you need to succeed :
- 8-10 Years Of strong Linux/Java / Big Data experience with Enterprise Data ware housing experience
- Must have 5+ years of Big data administration experience including upgrades, cluster parameter tuning, configuration changes etc
- Well versed with Hadoop challenges related to scaling and self-service analytics
- Well versed with Cloudera distributions, hands on experience required for both distributions.
- Well versed with Kafka, hive, spark, hbase and latest developments in the Hadoop eco system
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop integration points with enterprise Bl and EDWtools
- Strong Experience with Hadoop cluster management/ administration/ operations using Oozie, Yarn, Ambari, Zookeeper, Tez, Slider
- Strong Experience with Hadoop ETL/ Data Ingestion: Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Spark, Hbase
- Strong experience on SQL
- Good to have Experience in Real Time Data Ingestion using Kafka, Storm, Spark or Complex Event Processing (CEP)
- Experience in Hadoop Data Consumption and Other Components: Hive, Hue HBase, Phoenix, Spark, Mahout, Pig, Impala, Presto
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning services and applications and operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems capacity, bottlenecks, and basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Should be able to take the lead and interact with US team members with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or Engineering/ Related Field
- Good communication skills across distributed team environment
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
Get to know the team Adobe's IT Organization :
At Adobe, IT is delivering leading-edge strategies, platforms and innovations to power our products and services. Our dynamic, innovative teams are sitting at the table with product teams and business leaders to ensure Adobe's customers have a seamless end-to-end experience with the Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
As a key enabler behind Adobe's evolution to a services company, we are turning industry-leading strategies into a reality like our services-based architecture, hybrid cloud, data analytics and insights, and business process automation. All resulting in delivering a reliable, secure and delightful experience for Adobe's customers and employees. Adobe IT is part of the company's Cloud Technology organization.
See what our employees have to say about their careers on the IT team in this video.
When you join Adobe, you can look forward to collaborating with the most genuine people in the industry, working on projects with real purpose, and having immense pride in the products we create and the customers we support. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, cultural background or religious beliefs. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. This is what it means to be Adobe For All. Learn more about our vision here.
Come create experiences that matter at a company that is recognized around the world and hear what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog.