Ab InBev - Network Specialist - Global Network Operations Centre (6-10 yrs)
Job Title : Network Specialist - Global Network Operations Centre
Reporting to : Senior Manager - Global Network
Must Have :
- Should have CCIE or CCNP or CCIE or CCNA certification
- Should have experience in network monitoring, configuration, maintenance etc
1. PURPOSE OF ROLE :
- Provide expert analysis of the current state of Global Networks by identifying deficiencies or opportunities for service improvement.
- Daily review of the Critical Service dashboard status through next generation Network Monitoring tools and report any inconsistency.
- Coordinate maintenance and planned changes with service providers and remote customer locations.
- Recommend design changes enhancing service quality and stability.
- Work with service providers and identify any deficient service levels to remote locations.
- Continually monitor and enhance monitoring coverage of critical service and Network Devices.
- Operate as part of the team running the operations 24 x 7 x 365.
- Ensure KPIs and Service Levels are within the defined range.
2. KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Ensure Stable highly-available networks through highlighting anomalies in the network.
- Accurate and on time network reporting (availability, performance, etc.)
- Establish procedures for periodic review of security event management system and proactively initiate corrective actions.
- Identify, align and implement best practices to improve GNOC Operations.
- Familiar with various Routing and Switching protocols SNMP V3, RSTP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF etc.
- Incident-response skills in a global environment.
- Develop recommendations, standards and procedures on the implementation and improvement where needed.
- Perform engineering level network analysis & simulation.
- Work closely with the SOC operations teams.
- Responsibility of continuous operational process improvements and knowledge management.
- Detailed review of any major incident and follow problem management practices to avoid any recurrence.
3. BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT :
- Clearly communicate security planning and technology issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis to leadership and security teams.
- Ability to oversee vendor deployments and lead assigned initiatives effectively.
- Exceptional communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good vendor & client relationships.
- Ability to manage challenging priorities in a rapidly growing, fast- paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve BAU Incidents and related problems
- Work with the Zones, SOC teams, Vendors to ensure the correct level of hardware and software are included to minimize internal and external threats.
Evaluation Criteria :
- Consistent, timely and high-quality reporting.
- Successful establishment of GNOC Function.
- Periodic, accurate documentations and recording of the implementation.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS :
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline. Or 7 - 10 years IT experience as Subject Matter Expert in one or more Service Operations disciplines.
- CCNP, CCNA or CCIE in Routing and Switching Domain is a Must.
- Python and R coding experience will be an added advantage,
General Experience : 6-10 years.
- Service operations experience in multiple lead roles as an architect or developer or analyst.
- Management: Exceptional ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, delivering on time, within budget while meeting or exceeding customer service level agreements.
- Process Improvement: Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required, including an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs, translating them into operational requirements and solutions.
Technical : Results oriented with ability to lead complex IT assignments. Exceptional at translating and demonstrating business needs into IT solutions which support business processes or required functionality with the goal of business alignment, business support and commitment for financial sponsorship and initiative approval.
- Acknowledged as an expert who is proficient in: network technologies including Cisco switches, LAN/WAN design, WLAN, VPNs, and carrier performance analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
Personal : Exceptional written, oral and presentation communication skills in English. Ability to share technical expertise successfully, clearly and effectively with all levels of audiences. Strong flexibility and ability to thrive in dynamic environment.