7.ai - Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack Development (7-11 yrs)
About 7.ai Innovation Labs :
Customer Engagement for Today's Connected Customer :
At 7.ai, we make it simple for consumers to connect with companies to get things done. Headquartered in Campbell, California, with R&D centers in the US, India, Canada, and sales offices in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia, we provide customer engagement solutions for service and sales powered by a cloud platform that uses big data and predictive analytics to deliver business outcomes.
We are a global solutions company- our clients include many of the world's largest and most recognized brands. We manage over 2.5 B customer interactions per year and anticipate, simplify, and learn from each consumer experience.
To know more please visit www.247.ai.
About 7 Data Analytics :
- The Data Analytics organization at 7 powers the foundation for our Omni channel predictive analytics platform.
- We collect data from customer interactions through speech, chat, and online interactions across millions of consumers, and apply machine-learning algorithms to build predictive models that form the core of solving customer problems of many Fortune 100 companies.
- We work with a billion events every day, process terabytes of data in our big data platform, and process data in streams in batches using many of the large scale open source computing platforms- Spark, Akka, Hadoop.
- We use a service-oriented approach to building loosely coupled asynchronous systems that help us scale alongside with our clients.
Are you passionate about building platforms that use machine learning to turn massive amounts of data into experiences that anticipate user's needs so well they say - how did they do that?
- In this role, you will work on building a highly-scalable and extensible big data platform that provides the foundation for collecting, storing, modelling, and analysing massive data sets from multiple channels, including the web, IVR, mobile, social media and live agent call and chat interactions.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Responsibilities include the design and development of various components of the big data platform.
- Successful candidates will have a computer science or related degree, knowledge in Java/Scala/OO technologies, and experience engineering commercial software platforms and/or large scale data infrastructures.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of technical creativity, problem solving ability, software process and lifecycle expertise, communication skills, and an ability to work independently and as part of a team
Required Experience & Skills :
- 7 - 10 years of software development experience using multiple computer languages.
- Must be hands on in Core Java & Oops Concepts
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience building large scale J2EE data processing systems/applications.
- Practical understanding of design patterns and optimisation
- Should have experience in HTML, java script, CSS, SCSS and angular.js
- Should have experience and working knowledge in Spring boot, Hibernate, JPA, micro services
- Should have experience with database concepts, SQL programming with NoSQL experience being a plus
- Should have experience in gulp, karma, web pack
- Proven experience in solutioning by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Should have worked in fast paced agile environments
- Experience and knowledge on scala and spark would be a plus
- Experience on API design patterns and exposure to cloud deployments would be a plus
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general.
- Hands-on engineering skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to participate in large scale initiatives and work towards common goals
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect, process and analyse very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), including streaming real-time data.
- Write efficient and quality code that scales to high volume production quality.
- Work closely with multiple product management and engineering teams to lead the design, build and test of the components of the platform.
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools related to big data.