Careers at UnitedHealth Group
Views:3438 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
UnitedHealth Group - Senior IT Operating System Analyst - Linux/VMWare (3-10 yrs)
Discipline - Information Technology
Industry - IT Operating Systems
Job Description - Key Job Responsibilities:
Primary contribution involves being responsible for IT Infrastructure comprising of high end technology, wherein the accountability will include 24x7 running of Unix/Linux/Windows- servers, consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- The domain accountability includes Linux & AIX Server Administration.
- Familiar with ticketing tools in order to track down incidents and break fix request
- Familiar with client/server troubleshooting related to different type of servers [SendMail, FTP, SSH, Network- etc. ]
- Automation and optimization of existing and prospective IT environment through scripting [Shell / Perl]
- Troubleshooting on virtual servers [ knowledge of vSphere /Virtual Center preferred & Automation, powershell Scripting]
- User Administration and Account Management [LDAP and NIS]
- Monitoring daily backup and related issues [TSM would be preferred]
- Experience of- working on NFS servers
- Good knowledge about SAN concepts, setting up, multi-pathing (device mapper) & troubleshooting SAN issues from the Linux OS side.
- Knowledge of Linux security & compliance is required.
- Periodic Quality Assurance/Server Hardening exercises for newly built servers.
- Able to troubleshoot servers through console [ Knowledge of ILO/RAS/DRAC/HMC preferred]
- Skills on configuration of network and related services at operating system level like NFS,NIC Bonding, Sendmail, SSH and other TCP/IP services
- Involvement in periodic activities as Rapid Recovery [RR],Hardware & Firmware upgrade, OS Patching, etc
- Good knowledge about UNIX system files, boot process and run levels
- Participate in On-Call and NOC duties on periodic basis.
- Well versed with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change and Problem Management.
No. of Openings - 1
Technical Skills :
RHEL 6, 7 administration, Vmware Administration, Basic Windows Administration. Scripting knowledge is added advantage.
Soft Skills :
- Good troubleshooting experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Should be flexible for working in shifts.
- Communicating with onshore and requesters.
- Working in a process oriented environments.
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed and serves as a resource to others
- People Skills (where ever application):
- Leading highly critical process driven teams
- Skilled in keeping teams focused on continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.