Head Recruitment & Human Resources at Tower Research Capital
Views:832 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Tower Research Capital - Database Administrator - MySQL/PostgreSQL (5-7 yrs)
Tower Research Capital India Pvt. Ltd., an affiliate of the high-frequency proprietary trading firm Tower Research Capital LLC (- Tower- ), seeks a Database Administrator for its Core Engineering and Systems team. The Database Administrator will be Tower's first dedicated database expert and will work closely with developers on the Systems and Core Engineering teams, as well as members of Tower's trading teams.
The Database Administrator will architect, deploy, and support databases in Tower's global infrastructure, and will be exposed to a range of technologies and challenging projects.
- As a Database Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing Tower's databases, which entails architecting, deploying, monitoring, and supporting our databases
- Partnering with Tower's developers and traders to design, refine and maintain databases which fulfill their business requirements
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- At least 5 years of experience with large-scale database management
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Extensive experience monitoring, optimizing, and supporting databases
- SQL Development - ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience in data modelling, schema design, database security.
- knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Knowledge of MongoDB/NOSQL (preferred)
- Experience supporting databases for applications written in Python/Django, Java, or Perl
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with OpenTSDB (a plus)
- DBA certifications (a plus)
Additionally, we are seeking someone who is:
- An excellent communicator
- Self-starting and can work autonomously in a larger team
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Financial experience is not required.
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner on a daily basis
- Cab facility within Gurgaon
- Health club allowances
Tower Research Capital India Pvt. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply : http://www.tower-research.com/open-positions/- gh_jid=543189