Olacabs - Technical Program Manager - Delivery Management (8-12 yrs)
Technical Program Manager
Job Description :
At Ola, you have an opportunity to revolutionise transportation experience in India and solve real problems for real people. We are building program management team at OLA to drive engineering teams deliver products faster, better and cheaper.
Technical Program Manager is responsible for programs/projects involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of products or system or features
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Manage projects and programs end-to-end, initiate, coordinate and communicate across groups effectively to provide on-time, within budget, high quality deliverables that meet customer/business expectations.
- Technical Program Manager manages delivery using sound product & business acumen, technology depth and strong project management skills. Should be able to question both technology group for the design and the product for the implementation strategy with equal ease
- Act as catalyst to faster business delivery by streamlining and simplifying processes (tech, product, delivery, DevOps), monitoring engineering productivity and yet ensure the engineering best practices are followed
- Defines and implements cross-team processes to improve efficiency and delivery (SDLC), defines metrics to measure and monitor efficiency and effectiveness of the processes and drives adoption across organization.
- Monitors and tracks complex programs effectively by setting automated reports to provide periodic updates to technical, non-technical teams and Sr.Management
- Has the right balance of technical, project management and business/product acumen and manages delivery across SDLC serving as single point of contact.
- Handle multiple competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Manages stakeholders from different cross functional teams by setting expectations and providing frequent program/project updates.
Basic Qualification :
- Computer Science Graduate with overall 5+ years of experience and at least 3 years of experience in a software engineering role and at least 2 years of delivery management experience in product organization
- A proven track record delivering world-class consumer experiences on the web or mobile device.
- Understands the technical designs of the multiple projects and programs he/she is managing. Has deeper understanding of specific sub-systems and possess ability to drive technical discussions if needed.
- Experience setting engineering organization from scratch and helping teams adopt engineering best practices.
- An ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Hands-on knowledge of Development, QA, Deployment phases and SDLC methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications
and targeting the message to specific audiences
- Is at equal ease in working with peers and other cross-functional teams as one is for reporting or talking to senior management about the progress of any project under his/her program
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in start-up or product based technology/e-commerce company
- Prior hands-on knowledge of any technologies such as Java, Ruby, Python, MySQL
- Prior working on Product Metrics and tracking impact to the business
- Worked as an individual contributor in majority of career
- Full of energy, Strong Bias-for-action, Proactive problem solving & dynamic multi-tasker