Senior Consultant - IT at Global Executive Search Firm
Views:308 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Hadoop Administrator - Cloudera or Hortonworks (8-12 yrs)
- Experience in administering large Hadoop clusters, (either Cloudera or Hortonworks) including activities like deploy Hadoop cluster, add and remove nodes, keep track of jobs, monitor critical parts of the cluster, configure name-node high availability, schedule and configure it and take backups
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia, Nagios, Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Open Manage and other tools.
- Monitoring, Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance, disk space management
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
- Automate manual tasks.
- Software installation and configuration, patches and upgrades
- 8-10 years of IT experience with atleast 6 years of relevant Hadoop Administration including Cluster Mgmt, Installation/Upgrades/patching maintenance and configuration of Hadoop Environment and Tools
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience in setting up and managing ecosystem tools like HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Mahout, etc and ability to debug issues from users
- Experienced setting up user security in Hadoop
- Experience with Kafka, Storm, Oozie, Amabari
- Good knowledge of Linux, Shell Scripting and System Administration.
- Familiarity with Open Source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Experience in Environments/OS: Windows, Linux, VMware, Citrix
- Strong shell scripting skills and Experienced in Server space management and performance tuning
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing and Experience in RDBMS systems (preferably MPP/Teradata), SQL Server, Oracle etc
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications is a plus
- Ability to communicate technical ideas, concepts and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to work effectively within a globally dispersed team of administrators
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills