AVP Recruitment at SquareRoot
Views:2005 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Engineering Manager - C++/Java/Scripting - Startup (7-10 yrs)
We are fastest growing internet based Start- ups in India. Our company is recognized by Economic Times, ET Now, CNBC, Nasscom. It has been awarded as top 20 emerging companies by NASSCOM. We are well- funded startup where founders have previously worked in reputed MNCs and are from IITs and IIMs.
Position: ENGINEERING MANAGER
Location: Noida, India
Education: BS/ MS in Computer Science from NIT, REC, BIT's or other top tier colleges.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Mentor and guide team of 10- 12 top notch full stack engineers across various levels.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and stability of the products.
- Collaborate with Product managers and Business teams to develop a long- term product roadmap and own the release planning cycles.
- Developing and managing skills escalation and career trajectory path for the engineers in the team. Performing regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Working with VP Engg/CTO to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for hiring and skills management within the team.
ENGINEERING MANAGER - JOB PROFILE
- 7- 8 years of total work experience in high performance software with reputed companies and 1- 2 years of work experience in managing engineering teams and project delivery, preferably in a startup environment.
- Strong hands on experience in at least one object oriented language (C++/Java) and one dynamic scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, PHP) is a must.
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Symphony, Yii is desired.
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services would be preferred.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments with limited information.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.