AVP Recruitment at SquareRoot
Views:1603 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Engineering Manager - C++/Java/Scripting - Startup (7-10 yrs)
We are fastest growing internet based Start- ups in India. Our company is recognized by Economic Times, ET Now, CNBC, Nasscom. It has been awarded as top 20 emerging companies by NASSCOM. We are well- funded startup where founders have previously worked in reputed MNCs and are from IITs and IIMs.
Position: ENGINEERING MANAGER
Location: Noida, India
Education: BS/ MS in Computer Science from NIT, REC, BIT's or other top tier colleges.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Mentor and guide team of 10- 12 top notch full stack engineers across various levels.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and stability of the products.
- Collaborate with Product managers and Business teams to develop a long- term product roadmap and own the release planning cycles.
- Developing and managing skills escalation and career trajectory path for the engineers in the team. Performing regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Working with VP Engg/CTO to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for hiring and skills management within the team.
ENGINEERING MANAGER - JOB PROFILE
- 7- 8 years of total work experience in high performance software with reputed companies and 1- 2 years of work experience in managing engineering teams and project delivery, preferably in a startup environment.
- Strong hands on experience in at least one object oriented language (C++/Java) and one dynamic scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, PHP) is a must.
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Symphony, Yii is desired.
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services would be preferred.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments with limited information.