Director at Athos Consulting
Views:949 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
DSP Engineer - Video & Imaging Domain (4-9 yrs)
This job involves the development of firmware and DSP architecture verification and enhancement for Image and Video processing applications. This involves:
- Developing and testing customized instructions for accelerating image and video processing algorithms.using the C Intrinsics for underlying TIE based ISA.
- Developing, debugging and optimizing examples and software libraries for Image and Video processing algorithms
- To make sure that the customized instructions are optimized considering hardware gate count & power and verification of the customized instructions.
- Generating the engineering and customer documentation.
Required Skills :
- The candidate should have a good experience in developing and optimizing core signal processing algorithms (for video and imaging domain) in C and assembly-language/intrinsic programming for a DSP or DSP-like processor.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of processor ISA/architecture for at least 1-2 DSP and should have a very good grasp of the issues surrounding software performance tuning for the given DSP ISA/architecture.
- 6+ years work experience in optimization of DSP, Video/Imaging algorithms/modules for a given DSP. Candidates with higher experience may also be considered.
Educational qualification : BE/BS in CS or EE is required, MTech/MS is preferred.
Education needs to be from a reputed institute - preference would be given to IITs, IISc, BITS, REC.