Recruiter at Amazon
Views:1215 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Amazon - Quality Assurance Manager - Functional & Non Functional Testing (9-15 yrs)
Amazon Digital Music is seeking an experienced software QA manager, to drive high quality in the development process and automating the testing of digital products. The QA manager will own end-to-end software quality for functional and non-functional testing. The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, making great hires, estimating and assigning project resource, able to develop and drive a multi-platform high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to manage the day to day tasks for their team.
Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of our software systems work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall software development life cycle and applying strategies overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring and reporting the progress of testing and metrics.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and hands-on manager who can build an organization that can scale from its current size and can coordinate simultaneous QA efforts across multiple development teams geo-location, as well as put in place policies and processes which drive the quality of our software.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of test automation tools and strong understanding of common QA tools and practices.
- Hands-on experience with functional and non-functional testing, test planning, test design for manual and automated testing, implementing and maintaining high quality tests, and execution.
- People management experience
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
- Ability to propose and provide good QA analysis and risk assessment to stakeholders
- Ability to coodinate and plan for multiple releases with multiple dependencies across multiple platforms, for global territories
- Maintains composure in the face of highly ambiguous environments and constant change
- Thinks big, and communicates a vision to continuously improve and is a vocal leader for their QA team members
- Has experience hiring, retaining and developing QA engineers and developers in test.
- Experience in managing testing teams on any consumer facing software product/device/website will be a plus.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and overcome hurdles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other project disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant technical discipline
- Has a natural talent for problem solving and a passion for driving improvements for upward and downward processes to raise the overall quality level of software and development approaches/environments/tools
- Has practicing and active experience in agile methodologies, test driven development
- Has experience with software build and deploy/release systems and continuous integration/tools.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.
Talent Acquisition Team- Bangalore